Here at Imagine Dental, we think your teeth and all that goes into your oral health is interesting! No one’s mouth is the same, and that fascinates us here at Imagine. However, these fun facts are true for everyone. Take a second to learn 10 amazing facts about your teeth here!
- Yes, your teeth are unique, but did you know that the print on your tongue is so intricate, no one else in the world has the same as you? Tongue prints are like the fingerprint of the mouth. Weird analogy, we know.
- Did you know the hand you write with, dictates what side of your mouth you will chew with? If you are left handed you will predominately chew food on your left side.
- It’s so important to protect your enamel – as that is the only part of the human body that cant heal itself! Once it’s gone, it’s gone!!
- When you brush your teeth, you miss almost half of the surface of your teeth. This is why flossing is so important!
- The first toothbrush was invented in the 1400’s. We really don’t like to think about the condition of peoples teeth before then. Yikes!
- Did you know you have different shaped teeth to do different jobs? Your incisors tear your teeth, and your molars crush your food, making it possible to swallow.
- By 18, nearly 80% of people in the United States have had a cavity. Sounds like lots of sugar consumption has been going on!
- Almost 40% of the population never grows wisdom teeth, and nobody’s really sure why!
- At this very moment, there are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people on earth, and there are over 7 billion people on Earth.
- Tooth decay is the second most common ailment, second only to the common cold!
Want to learn more fun facts about your teeth? Give Imagine Dental a call to speak to one of our professionals today at (602) 595-3600!